East Lothian Local area
East Lothian is one of Scotland’s most picturesque counties and ideally located within an easy 30 minute reach of Edinburgh, Scotland’s Capital and one of Europe’s finest cities.
There are over 40 miles of stunning coastline to explore, some of the world’s top links golf courses, distilleries, castles and not to mention an array of fantastic local food and drink produce to indulge in!
Because there is so much to do in the local area we have comprised a top 5 of some of the ‘not to be missed’ attractions.
Top 5 Golf Courses – we can arrange tee times for you.
- Craigielaw (obviously!)
- North Berwick
- Gullane 1
Top 5 Walks
- The Pleasure grounds of Gosford Estate – distance 3 miles, this walk takes you around the ponds and grounds of the magnificent Gosford House. A beautiful walk and highly recommended.
- The John Muir Way – Aberlady to Dirleton – distance 4 miles, start this walk at either the Gosford Bothy Shop (great for tea and cakes!) and cross the road which then leads into Aberlady.
- Gullane to Aberlady by coast and Dune Paths – 1 ¾ Miles, this walk gives superb views across the Firth of Forth and coastline west of Gullane.
- Gullane to Dirleton by the coast and Yellowcraig – distance 6 miles, this coastal walk explores the coast and dunes east of Gullane and passes the world famous Muirfield Golf course home of the 2013 Open.
- Bickertons Way and The Postmans Walk – distance 2 or 3 miles, a short but interesting walk through parts of the Luffness Estate.
Top 5 beaches
- Tyninghame Beach – a little trickier to get to but so worth it!
- Yellowcraig Beach
- North Berwick
Top 5 Tourist attractions
- Glenkinchie Distillery
- Dirleton Castle
- Scottish Seabird Centre
- Museum of Flight
- East Links Farm Family Park